The History of Coffee in France
The Good Life France has everything you ever wanted to know about the history of coffee and cafes in France.
Find the answers to these questions:
- Who said (erroneously as it turned out) that “There are two things the French will never swallow – Racine’s poetry and coffee” ?
- Which Pope proclaimed “This devil’s drink is so delicious we should cheat the devil by baptizing it.” ?
- When did the first coffee house open in France ?
- What is the name of the oldest coffee shop in Paris ?
- Which King made his own coffee ?
- What did Voltaire and Napoleon have in common ?
- Who invented the first percolation system coffee maker ?
- What choice of coffee horrifies French people ?
And, not in the article but, can you link the two coffee shops below with their famous series or film characters ?